All you need is a deck of cards and a friend to play the fun game of Crazy Eights.
You Will Need
* A deck of cards
* Two players
* Additional players (optional)
* A second deck of cards (optional)
Deal the cards. For two players, deal seven cards each from a standard deck.
If you use more than two players, use two decks and deal five cards instead of seven.
Place the remaining cards face down to form the stockpile. Turn the top card – known as the upcard – face up to start a discard pile.
If the upcard is an eight, mix it back into the stockpile and turn up the next card.
Start with the player to the dealer's left and match either the rank or suit of the upcard with one of your cards. Place it on top of the discard pile.
Play an eight at any time if you don't have the correct rank or suit. The person who plays the eight chooses a new suit for the next player to follow.
Make the game Crazy Jacks by making jacks – or any other card – wild.
Draw from the stockpile if you cannot match the upcard. Keep drawing until you have a card you can play or the stockpile runs out.
Pass play to the next person. Play ends when the last card from someone's hand is played or when no one can match the upcard.
Score 50 points for eights, 10 points for face cards, and other cards at face value. The person with the lowest score is the winner.
Fact: The French were the first to use the four standard suits for playing cards that we use today – diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades